Latest Photos

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Shoes: Painted and Dyed



Because my colorful Japanese Fruits fashion phase is far behind me, I felt a strong need to throw black on top of one of my last remaining "kawaii" items, my Onmyodo shoes. I've never wanted to part with these because of their awesome comfort, leather interior/exterior and rounded-toe shape but now they finally have a permanent place in my closet. 

The (really old and terrible) photo below shows the shoes bright coloring and obnoxious cat print while the above shows the, nearly complete, stealth mod.  Black leather dye was applied to the suede sections while a matte black enamel paint was used to cover the smooth leather panels. One more top coat of paint will be needed to cover the kittens entirely but soon I will have these paired with my newly-polished gaiters. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management